Revive and Restore Your Smile with Dental Crowns at Island Dental
Damaged teeth? Reclaim your bite and your confidence with customised dental crowns at Island Dental. Experience world-class dental care tailored to you in a calming, patient-focused environment.
Transform Your Smile Today
Embark on a journey towards a healthier, more stunning smile. Schedule your initial cosmetic consultation with our experts. Click the button below to book online
or call 08 8449 9777 now.
What is a dental crown?
A crown – also known as a “cap” – is a tooth-shaped covering placed over a carefully prepared existing tooth. A crown is placed on an individual tooth much like a thimble over your finger. It can be used in both restorative dentistry procedures and for cosmetic dentistry treatments.
When do you need a dental crown?
Crowns are recommended when damage to a person’s teeth is extreme and there’s no longer enough tooth structure left to place a filling. Crowns are used to:
- Strengthen teeth, including teeth that have had root canal treatment
- Restore heavily filled or worn teeth
- Restore a tooth back to an optimal bite
- Improve the appearance of teeth
- Protect fractured teeth
- Accommodate the attachment of a fixed bridge
- Restore an implant placed to replace a missing tooth or teeth
Initial cosmetic consultation
If you are considering an aesthetic crown, or any of our other cosmetic dentistry treatments, call us on (08) 8449 9777 to schedule your initial cosmetic consultation.
In this consultation, we will assess and discuss your suitability and expected results, aesthetic crown costs and the costs for alternative cosmetic treatments, including expected treatment lifetime.
Before and after Aesthetic Crowns
What are crowns made from?
In the past, crowns were made from precious metals like gold and now, commonly, they are made from metal with a porcelain veneer fused to it.
- These old-style crowns are good and last a long time, however they can show metal and aren’t as cosmetically pleasing as they could be. An unsightly dark line (the metal) or “blue halo” can become visible around the gum line with age.
- Many people can also have an allergic reaction to the metal under the porcelain.
Modern aesthetic crowns at our Adelaide practice
Today, with advances in technology, at Island Dental we can offer natural-looking crowns that look like real teeth. Both the function and appearance of your tooth are considered when selecting the material most suitable for you. We use crowns that are made from either:
- All porcelain
- Lithium disilicate (Emax) –these crowns have the advantage of being translucent, like natural teeth, and are the most aesthetic crowns of them all. They have both strength and beauty
- With aesthetic crowns, the unsightly dark line is a thing of the past
- Because no metal comes in contact with the gum tissues, they eliminate allergic reactions
Before and After Aesthetic Crowns
How long will dental crowns last?
It’s not unusual to see crowns that have been in place for 20 to 30 years, which is as close to permanent as dental treatment can get. That’s why crowns are used for long-lasting correction of major dental problems.
Remember that natural teeth suffer from wear and tear, and so would any crowns you’ve had done to restore your teeth. The best way to get the most out of your crown is to care for it as you would any other teeth you have. This means proper oral hygiene, including brushing twice daily and flossing at least once a day, along with regular dental hygiene appointments.
If you have a damaged, cracked or badly decayed tooth, we may be able to save it with an aesthetic crown and improve its appearance. Call us at Island Dental in West Lakes, Adelaide, on (08) 8449 9777 to see how we can help.
Long-lasting Smile Solutions are Just a Call Away
In a world where first impressions matter, your smile should be an asset, not a liability. Dental crowns at Island Dental offer both cosmetic elegance and durability, for a smile that stands the test of time.
Your Beautiful, Restored Smile Awaits
Why settle for less when you can have the best? Schedule your cosmetic consultation today to discover the transformative power of dental crowns. Click below to book online or reach us directly at 08 8449 9777. A new smile, a new you.