If you suffer from jaw pain and/or any of the other TMD symptoms, you may have temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD).
Answer Yes or No to the following questions:
- Are you aware of grinding or clenching your teeth?
- Do you wake up with some stiff muscles around your jaws?
- Do you have frequent headaches?
- Does your jaw click, pop, grate, catch or lock when you open your mouth?
- It is difficult or painful to open your mouth widely, to move your jaw from side to side, eat or yawn?
- Are your neck and shoulder muscles stiff, sore or tender to pressure?
- Are your teeth sensitive, loose, broken or worn?
- Do your teeth meet differently from time to time?
- Have you had unexplained toothaches?
- Is it hard to use your front teeth to bite or tear food?
- Does stress make your clenching and pain worse?
- Do you have ringing or buzzing in your ears?
- Do you frequently feel dizzy?
- Do you have trouble sleeping through the night?
- Do you have trouble falling asleep?
- Have you injured your neck, head or jaws?
- The more times you answered ‘Yes’ the more likely it is that you have a TMJ disorder.
TMD help is at hand
Since some types of TMD problems can lead to more serious conditions early diagnosis and treatment are important. Island Dental in West Lakes, Adelaide can diagnose and treat your TMJ dysfunction. Call us on (08) 8449 9777 to book your appointment and mention to our staff at the time of booking that you suspect TMD.